Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thoughts of a Stay at Home Mom


There were a lot of people that told me before I had Maddox, I'd never want to return to work and I'd love to just be at home with him and do the "mom thing" With that being said let me just list a couple of things I've found being a "stay at home mom" the past 5 weeks.

Dr. Oz scares the crap out of me, just do yourself the favor and don't watch him. I found myself clocking the distance I live from the freeway the other day, because apparently your chances are higher to conceive an autistic child if you live within 1/4 mile of the freeway!! You'll start checking your moles or wonder if you have regular bowl movements, really?! Ok, Mr. Oz you're not welcome in my home anymore because you're freaking me out!!

I find myself singing the Macy's song that is played in the background of EVERY commercial they've made in history. As well as other super annoying commercial, my bad for having the tv on 24/7 I suppose.

I'm board out of my mind with this crappy weather!! I thought it was a heatwave last week and went on a walk, I think it was like 53 degrees.


I'm so used to my old routine, wake up, get ready, go to work, go work out after work blah blah blah. I've been a prisoner in my own body with this c-section. I've been limited to just walking for my workout, no thank you. I'm either balls to the wall or nothing at all. When I was pregnant I couldn't run or lift weights because my heart rate would become too high for my Dr.'s liking.  I'm DYING to go on a good run and do some squats. Travis bought me an elliptical so I could workout while the babe is taking his nap. Well, that too is on hiadus until my body is fully healed! So that just adds to the long list if why I'm bored out of my mind.

I'm supposed to return to work in May, working every Tuesday and Wednesday while my in laws watch Maddox. I talked to the Dr I work for and told him I'm going crazy, I don't know how people do this, he'll be seeing me sooner than later. I went into work last week, with Maddox in tow, to finish our retention photos in the back office clocking out to nurse him when needed. Sooo nice to get out and actually feel like I'm doing something. Lately my other big outting is going to Sonic's happy hour. Whoa don't get crazy!!

I do LOVE being with my little guy and watching him grow and do new things each week is great!! I am thankful that I can be on maternity leave for so long and when I do go to work it'll be for 2 days a week. I'm just saying that I need to figure out my new routine and this dang sun needs to show himself for good! Ahh, better. I'm off my box, thank you :)

A little photo shoot with Maddox took up some of our afternoon last week. I bought him a bunch of ties when I was pregnant. I had an idea to take some nude photos with his ties on so we did that for fun. I had to google how to tie them, that was interesting. No, I'm not one of those moms who thinks she's a photographer just because of the camera I own. I'm clearly not a professional, it's just for fun :)

Super pissed by the time we put the 4th tie on...don't blame the little guy!! Mommy went overboard :D

6 comments:

Myca said...

The whole "stay home" thing will start to change for you as you get more into a routine and can actually have your body back to normal. I think working part time or just a couple days a week is the perfect balance...but I noticed that the more kids I had the more I wanted to be home...There is so much more to do and so much more needed by mommy that it is hard when you are working...but with only 1 little guy who pretty much eats, poops, and sleeps it's gotta seem a little boring:). Don't get too used to it...it will all change faster than you know it!
ps He is SO CUTE.

Angie said...

I can totally see myself being this way, and going kind of stir-crazy at first when I stay home! I am sure you'll continue to adjust and find little projects and things to keep you busy. And oh my gosh, those pictures with the different ties!! SO CUTE! I can't wait to see all the outfits you end up dressing this kid in.

Jana said...

wait until you have a girl...everyday, every outfit becomes reason to have a photo shoot. he is just perfectly cute. i want to hold him and give him a little kiss.
and staying home is so hard. you feel mindless and lonely. but it does get better, in like three years more. but i do miss those days. now we have schedules and i hate it. i miss my babies being home with me.
take advantage of the time you can read!!!

Gus and Carolee Drake said...

Maddox is just too cute! What a sweet little boy! You are a great writer and a fun read! Thanks for the fun talk yesterday!

Stephen & Kendra said...

Linds! Some how I lost you but I just found you again and I am going to add you to my blog now. You need to come to play dates. I pretend they are for my kids but they are really for me. Sometimes we do craft days too, I will totally invite you to the next one. I think it would be totally hard to be up with a kid all night and then still have to get up and go to work, days like those that I am thankful to be a stay at home mom. I don't think I feel like myself for a good 2-3 months afterwards. Hang in there, and in the meantime, COME PLAY!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow You had a baby! Haha! I haven't checked your blog in obviously forever and I just happened to be going through all my blog peoples! Wow! Congrats! I hope all is going well with you and Travis!