Saturday, February 5, 2011

Our New Life Together as 3

I still can't grasp that we're parents to this little guy!! It's so surreal going from you and your husband to adding a human being into the mix that you're in charge of!! He's a super good baby, sleeping 5-6 hours in the night time, can I get a hallelujah. There have been 2 nights that have been hellish, with him not going to sleep until 3am and one night at 5am. Both those nights he had a tummy ache and I'm trying to rule out if any of it had to do with what I ate or drank that day. Maybe my diet coke? Hmm, still puzzled about that one. He still gets the hiccups like crazy, he got them 5+ times a day in the womb. The first week I had a couple of days where I was "weepy" that wasn't fun!! One of those days was when the guy on American Idol never left his fiance's side after that horrible car crash...let's just say I had a bloody I-can't-even-breath meltdown!! I was laughing and weeping all in unison because I knew how ridiculous I was being, and couldn't help it!! This week is better and I'm off the baby blues boat, woot woot!! I love to sing to him, even though I can't sing. His favorite song, ok so maybe it's my favorite song, is Baby Beluga. So corny but so cute :D I've attached it for your listening enjoyment!!
















6 comments:

HaleyandGabe said...

I love all of his little shirts! he is a handsome little guy. So happy for you guys and so glad he is sleeping good for you, nothing better than that. And I totally know what you are talking about crying, laughing cause you are crying but crying cause you need to cry, its weird I know hahaha....good times, good times!

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

I totally agree we've all been there and had "those" moments!! Love and miss you like crazy!! I know you both are great amazing parents and I cant wait to meet little Maddox soon! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Angie said...

Awwww, he is sooo tiny! Love it. He looks like a good mix of you and Trav. Okay, I need one! ;) Glad to see you three so happy and healthy!

Calee said...

I want to meet him! He is a beautiful baby and has already got more style than me;).
Congrats on getting through the baby blues. That's something I wish people would have told me; the whole week after we came home from the hospital I was a royal MESS and I'm sure Jed wondered what the hell happened to me. Thank goodness it doesn't last long:).
Keep it up mama, you are awesome!

Megan and Jeremiah said...

He is absolutely adorable!!! And I love that you sing that song to him! I havent heard it in so long so I myself loved hearing it! haha! :)

Megan Cahoon said...

i'm so jealous he is sleeping 5-6 hours. At most Hayden only goes 4. And about the tummy aches, Hayden has been getting them also, and I couldn't decide what it was from either so I stopped eating chocolate and I don't think it helped but they have these things at wal-mart, they are called Frosty Bears, and you heat it up in the microwave for 15 seconds and stick it on his tummy. Anyway long story it helped calm Hayden's tummy down. They are $2 in the baby section. You guys are such a cute family.