Sunday, May 1, 2011

2 and 3 Months Old!!

I'm combining Maddox's 2nd and 3rd month updates because mommy's a slacker! I'm also listing his 2 month stats one, because I'm a mom and that's what mom's do. Two, for documentation purposes. I've always hated when people posts their kids stats. Who cares what percentile your baby's head is in...NOT ME. So like I said this is for documentation purposes only:D

Month 2
                                              

Height 23 inches- 52%  
Weight 11 lbs 2 oz-35%
Head Cir 15.5 inches-34%


Gama J calls him her prima ballerina when he wears his "sissy tights" like in the above picture :) They're my personal favorite and we have like 8 pair in an array of colors of these lovelys
                                                              


Let's just establish how much more in love you fall with your children when they can start interacting with you. I love my Booders(yes that's what I call him, pretty ugly ya!) so much more now that we've established more of a routine and have figured eachother out. So his 2 month shots came and went, it was sad but had to be done. Up until this appointment I thought his little tummy was sensative to the foods I ate, come to find out he has a pretty bad case of acid reflux. First timer over here, lets all remember that, haha!! Our Dr. was surprised he gained as much weight as he had, with him always puking, sad right!? So he gets medicine morning and night and it's working like a charm. I was assuming he had tummy aches when he was screaming after eating, nope no worries just the ACID running up is tiny baby esophagus!! So on top of that, he HATED laying on his back, it's all making sense. So he's been sleeping in his swing, sitting up...and still does!! Bonus is he sleeps like a champ(I'm not going to worry about breaking him of the swing until his little reflux is under control) He sleeps a solid 7-8 hours on a normal night. During his growth spurts we'll get a great stretch of 10-12 hours. He currently will get up one time in the night, eat and go right back to sleep...swinging. He still loves his baths followed by the blow dryer to the body!! Still gets the hiccups daily.


Month 3

It's official we have concluded we have an angel baby on our hands, well for now. He's such a happy little man 80% of the time. I realize I still have the toddler years to deal with so I'll try not to jinx us over here. Well anyways, Maddox has found his hands!! He currently is sucking his left thumb(mommy sucked her left as well and is left handed, so maybe a lefty too?) He's sooo long, he just shot up like a weed this month!! He lauged out loud for the first time this week and found his loud voice. Guess what, still sleeping in his blasted swing!! Haha. Up until a couple of weeks ago we had him in his travel swing, replacing the batteries once a week, Judas batteries are spendy. We smartened up and bought an electric swing:) He, for some reason, loves laying on his changing table, this is where we have lots of conversations. I like to go through the drive thru and order some baby fingers, baby thighs, baby wings, well you get the picture. I eat him up like a fast food combo and tell him to throw in a diet coke to go with my food, he thinks his mommy is a comedian and he laughs and smiles!! I still sing to him daily. We sing about taking medicine, eating, his poops, bath time, nap time you name it. I'm a little song bird over here and he loves it too. He loves the music turned up in the car, from Lady Gaga to LDS piano hymns. Still loves baths and blow dryer. Still gets the hiccups!! Tonight you're in 9 month old Jammies!!




7 comments:

Gus and Carolee Drake said...

So stinkin' cute! Let me know if you ever need anyone to take him during church!

Nathan and Hailey Frogley said...

Hey there ho there!!! Ya! That makes sense, the acid reflux! Sienna had that and was put on the meds too! Glad you got that figured out!!! Anyway, the gloves for easter eggs were Nathan's idea..... you woudn't know it put he's kind of a clean freak......they didn't even fit the girls, but daddy wanted to do it. I didn't wear them:) Anywyas, whenever I put insanity on I think of watching you and crystal do it..... come to think of it, I don't think I ever did one with the 2 of you, it was way more fun to watch:) HA! Well, hope all is going well. Hold Crystal's hand for me through all this engagement stuff!!!!! She might pee her pants she such a scardy cat..... but I still love her.
Peace out!

Angie said...

He is such a cutie! I am so happy that you are loving mommy-hood so much! You seem to be such a natural at it. I love you Linds! You are awesome.

Calee said...

So true that you fall more in love with them when they can interact with you. Ary and I have full-on conversations as of just lately and as much as it cracks me up it warms my heart even more! Such a goober thing to say but you kind of turn into a goober when you finally have your own kids;).

Megan Cahoon said...

So cute linds, you are such a cute little momma. He looks like he is getting a little chubs on his face, don't you just love it... Hayden looks like he is hiding things in his cheeks. That is crazy 9 month jammies. I can't believe how fast they grow out of clothes, Haydens little tummy hang out of everything haha so cute. Hiccups addorable, love the post!!

Sharla said...

Oh my gosh he is so adorable and it just gets better and better!
wish you were coming back to work for us!
Hey, if you are here in June we would love to see you!!

Sophie and TJ said...

oh hey i forgot about blogging for like a year lol