Sunday, January 29, 2012

27 years young!

Well my Birthday came and went and it was fabulous. I'm the big 2-7 now, whew that number's getting bigger and bigger ladies and gents!! Maddox tried to steal his mama's Birthday, his being on the 20th and mine the 23rd of January, we're cutting it close to overlapping it there. I let Travis know he'll have to up his game alittle so that this girls Birthday still shines like it did back in the day of pre-children, er, one child...

We celebrated by hitting up the all-you-can-eat-sushi joint in Boise, Sushi Ya. It's amazeballs. Travis had to work after sushi Maddox and I went to TJ Maxx and we had a little shopping spree of our own, then came back home for nappy time. That was about it, oh and I topped off the night with the Bachelor and the RHOBH, those are both goodies in my book right now. Let's not just jump to conclusions that I'm a horrible mother having the tv on smut at all times. Maddox is learning to love the female and estrogen world. Maddox LOVES watching these ladies, be my guest little man, be my guest. Travis didn't really believe me until he was home on a Monday night(this is when we're planted in front of the boob tube) he witnessed the pure silence and frozen infant when those women frolicked on the screen...so funny.
My girl party was, Sat Jan 28th at mi casa. We've had the same group of friends since elementary, middle and high school. Two of our girls were missing due to their current living away situations, and by situations I mean they're married and have jobs haha!! Sophie Ai is located in Utah and Andrea Ann in Portland...sad day. We love you long time ladies, like fat girls love cake! Those are the words off of my Birthday card from Amber last night, so funny :D Anyways tonight wasn't just a regular "you had a Birthday" party, we had a Spa night party!!  If your 'spa' night consists of massages and relaxation you've come to the wrong party here!! We have a bit of a twisted idea of spa night I guess. We did have some face masks invovled, that was about the most relaxing part, oh wait and some gel nails that were lovely with the UV light and the whole nine yards thanks to Santa's delivering that new item to the Henderson household. We then got down to business. Just for the record NONE of us work in salons and have never had any proper training of what I'm about to type, not a shock to anyone if you know this group. Let us all keep that in mind as you see the large flames in the pictures that everyone has their parts intact,  mmm-kay!! So I've wanted to try those, 'clean that crap outta your ears' candles, so that's what we did, well Chelsea and I, no one else was a believer...until now. A question you may have asked yourself in the past, "do those ear wax candles work to remove the nasty excess wax buildup in your ear canals?" Your answer is a big fat YES!! Yes, you may start your house on fire, burn your hand profusely or get severe smoke inhilation but sign us up!! So Chels and I positions ourselves just right on the stairs with plates in the middle of the candle for a 'drip resevoir' to prevent accidents. We also had waxing assistants Lindsey and Brianna, they're true friends :D The outcome is amazing as you can see the pictures below, it speaks for itself. Our next task was waxing...we had a professional kit if that makes anyone feel better, not enough for me to try it but we had the whole setup...let's just say I'd NEVER get done what went down tonight, I have my limits people, but we have some serious waxing semi-pros on our hands. Who needs a spa when you can just come on over and get your facial, your gel nails, your ears cleaned out and our waxing expert will hook a sister up, where ever you choose...I'd also like to add we're getting a spray tanning gun and we'll be professional tanning techs in no time! Whew whatta night. Thank you for the fun party ladies, I love you breast friends!
Discussing our plan of action
Scared and supporting eachother...alittle screaming was going on too
 Our personal fire marshal was ready at all times, assisting with ash removal and the stabilization of the candle :D she got an A+, always remaining calm under the pressure of the situation
 Getting our de-waxing on
The inspection
 YIKES!! That hard looking ball at the topish of the circle is the wax that made it's way up the candle
Now this looks like a good night, haha. Just the candle residue, don't get crazy people!
These gems are the result of candle waxing, I know disgusting.  But I can attest that I can hear better...say whaaaa?
 These gals know me too well :)
Chelsea's skills in the nail department, I'd say she's a well rounded spa individual. She also was the waxing expert...no we don't have pictures of that event,  you can probably guess why... :D

2 comments:

Tara said...

I love doing ear candles. Gross, but fun lol

Angie said...

Dang, I didn't text you to wish you Happy Birthday! I'm such bad friend. But I love you sister and I was thinking about you on your day. Glad you had fun! I was cracking up over your spa night!