Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bags are Packed and His Room is Done...finally :D

Well, it's almost "go time" my hospital bags are packed!! I have one more full day to myself, ahhh!! Maddox's room is finally done, with the exception of a pretty cool light fixture I bought off of craigslist last night my dad is going to hang:D This is his room "Rock N' Roll" with some added monster flair:) So, my best friend Amber and her husband Justin made Maddox a blanket, well Amber made it,  kudos to Justin for picking out the fabric!! They gave it to us after we found out we were having a boy:) it's on the rocking chair in the picture!! Since day one I've looked and looked EVERYWHERE for a boy crib set I loved or even liked for that matter!! They just don't make them as cute for stinky boys, ya know!!?? Soo, I knew I had to enlist some of my troops, who love us, to make his room happen:) A HUGE thank you to my Aunt Michelle who made his comforter, so cute!! My mother in law, Mardell, who made his bumpers, crib sheet, bed skirt, draps and changing pad cover!! There is no way I could have done it!! I'm thankful for their skills that pay the bills, haha, they did such an incredible job!! If you know me, you know I'm the QUEEN of Craigslist and garage sales...love em!! (someday I'll take pictures of my house to show my other great finds) Maddox's crib, changing table and rocker are second hand. We had the rocker reupholstered. The mobile is also second hand, we spray painted it and I attached an old outside yard wind twirly thing a ma gig that we spray painted as well. I wrapped it with wire and beaded the heck out of it to make it "funky" That's as crafty as it gets from me folks:) The shelf is second hand as well, we painted and stuck some fun knobby things on it. Oh I also "white washed" those twig things that were hanging out in my garage, as well as some of the baskets for a pop of color :D  There ya have it, he's going to come out wearing guyliner like Adam Lambert, haha :D 











10 comments:

The Edwards Family said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE it! you are very creative my dear! love your mobile and all the special little details throughout! good luck getting that boy out!

KrushL said...

Cousin!! Little Maddox has the best room ever for a little man! Can't wait to see pics of him. AAAAHHH you are going to be a mom and not just to your animals anymore! LOVE YA!

Myca said...

Oh my gosh so stinkin cute! Can't wait to see the little guy!

Camille said...

Linds, I love it!! What a cute lil rock star room. Good luck with the arrival and take help when you can get it. love ya girl i am excited for you!

Calee said...

I want you to come down and decorate MY room.

Megan Cahoon said...

oh my heck I love it!! You are amazing come decorate my house! He is going to love it. I can't believe that he is going to be here tomorrow, so exciting. I can't wait to see this little guy. Good luck with everything linds!

HaleyandGabe said...

oh my goodness!! So damn cute. Can't wait to see his apparel....I can only imagine!

Davis and Laura said...

Ok, seriously! I LOOOOOOVE this room and its funky-ness. Love the fabric and the decor. GREAT JOB, and doesn't this make it all more exciting! Good luck with everything!!! We are so excited for you! AH!

Angie said...

Linds, this whole nursery is just so YOU! I LOVE it! It turned out awesome. That little boy is gonna be a rock star. He's probably already here, hope everything went well!

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Oh Linds I love it!! It is perfect!! So so so cute!! Cant wait to come visit remember to let me know a few weeks in advance before he's blessed were planning on trying to make it!! xoxoxo