Saturday, October 3, 2009

'Tis the Season...






I frequent craigslist a lot, looking at items for sale, the freaks seeking other freaks and the one and only wanted section. Last week, I was perusing through the wanted section and came upon the title, Will Pay For Spiders. I clicked on the headline with the curiosity of why anyone would want spiders, and why they'd pay for the nasty things we all are quick to squish, stomp on and flush. Long story short, I am now Chad's go to spider girl (with Travis as my assistant spider hunter) Chad is a professor in Las Vegas and pays $3 per poisonous spider (Black Widows, Hobos and Brown Recluses) He also pays $1 per non poisinous spider. Living on 2 1/2 acres I thought Cha Ching baby!!

My spider catching equipment includes:
-small baby food jar to ship the nasty things in
-12 inch tweezers
-gloves
-bug spray
-rubbing alcohol
-flash light

So, I called my grandma to get "spider catching tips" They are nocturnal but you can find them under plants in your gardens and flower beds. Travis sprays the spiders and I put them into the baby food jar with the rubbing alcohol to preserve them. They have to have all their legs, abdomens and parts entact. I of course have a scream fest when picking them up but must say I do have an eye for the little guys now. You can see me at night running around our house with a flash light. I come inside and scream "I got one" if Trav's out of order to help, my dad's a great spider catching assistant too. We sent Chad about 30 of them yesterday. He says to send him thousands if we can, so we'll see how it goes. My mom says I have too much time on my hands and need a baby...hmmm.

9 comments:

Angie said...

Linds you totally crack me up!! I would never be able to do this, you've seen firsthand my phobia of creepy crawly things. Remember when we were at the cabin and a wasp landed on me and I completely freaked out? Yeah, I don't think I'd have much success in the spider catching business. You're so brave! :) and it sounds like you're on a roll, if you keep going like this you're gonna be rolling in dough! Haha. Good luck and DON'T GET BITTEN!!! Be safe, have fun!

Kami Satterlee said...

hahaha wtf Linds?! I agree with your mom, but think spider catching could be fun! Steves parents have by far the most disgusting spider that they feed everyday. you should seriously come try and get this one you wouod DIE! He is huge with a big nasty butt, nothing like I've seen before. Good luck I hope you make a lot of spidy bucks!

Calee said...

YES! Count me in- what a thrilling way to earn diet coke money!
I agree with your mom too, but have no room to talk, we were married for over 5 years before I got up the guts to actually do it! My parents just gave up talking about it:)

Angie said...

Look at you, putting together 5000 piece puzzles with elderly ladies! You are my favorite linds! Miss you!

Rachel said...

OH MY HECK!!! I just about dropped dead when I saw those creepy-crawly things! AHHHHH, I seriously can't believe you can do that! I'm such a baby, but I will tell you this, if I ever do see one, they TOTALLY regret it, if you know what I mean! And I let them know it as I'm smashing the crap out of them!!! But, I do agree with Cal...DR. PEPPER money!! Sounds good, but I could NEVER do it! Hope your doing well! Miss Dottie is doing great and says Hi to her Mommy and Granny :) (gracie and you!!) Good luck on the Spider Catchin'

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Oh my gosh you kill me!! I can see it now and I have to agree with your mom...you do have to much time on your hands...should i send Karter and Kandon up for a week or two!?

Krushl said...

Cousin! I'm laughing right now you crack me up. Yes it's time for your eggo to be preggo already!

L'erin said...

A baby?! Hell no you don't. I've never met OR given birth to a baby yet, that pays like this Spider Hunting Biz!

L'erin said...

check your email. sent cha a link to a fall craft we need to get working on