Saturday, February 11, 2012

A True Love, the Oreo

Growing up my mom wasn't a big baker(not knocking her, just sayn') for argument sake we did have our boxed brownies and frozen cookie dough. Anyways, I didn't have Sunday pie or apple cobbler each week after super like my husband did. With that being said, we did have one VERY crucial staple in our home, the Oreo. It's been passed down from my Grandpa Jones and dad as a favorite. No one thought twice if you were seen eating a 6 cookie stack morning, day or night. Oh and did I mention midnight was acceptable too? :D A must with an Oreo stack is his partner in crime, milk. No milk in the house meant there was no consumption of Oreos, dunking is a must!
Well, guess who had his first Oreo, the little man himself. His was not the original or double white stuffed. He clearly had the Holiday style Oreo, non-the-less it was clearly a hit and now a passed on tradition. This event was so big in our house it warranted a call and picture text to Grandpa Jones, he was a proud papa beaming ear to ear:D

                                      
                                                     


1 comments:

Calee said...

I just read your dad's cancer post; sorry to hear such scary news! I'll say a little prayer for you... I love that movie too:) Please keep us updated and know that your family has so much love and support coming their way.