Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Trav's Graduation...again!!!

I officially have a Gaylord Focker as a husband!! Travis graduated last night from ISU with a BS in Nursing!! I'm soooo proud of him, he's worked so hard in school just making it one step closer to becoming a nurse anesthetist!! But for now, Hooray for male nurses!! His class had a pinning ceremony that followed the actual ISU graduation ceremony. I pinned Travis on-stage after his professor, Dr. Micki Goodwin, read a little somethin somethin about him. She gave him an award of "Our GQ Nurse" that would be "crushed on" by his fellow employees and his patients. Then stating that he looked like he stepped off of the runway and into his scrubs cleaning wounds, bed pans and all other bodily function fluids. Travis was embarrassed to say the least! Anyways, they put together a slide show of pictures from the rigorous 16 month program. It was fun to see him with all 28 classmates last night and the bonds they had made with each other. I'm proud of you Travis, love you to the moon babe!! Only one more graduation and we're school free, ahhhh:)

5 comments:

Davis and Laura said...

Ha. I had to laugh at the "Graduation...again." title because we are soooo there too! :) That is wonderful though for Travis! Doesn't it feel great? Congrats to the both of you! You guys look great...as usual!

Angie said...

Congratulations to both of you! It isn't easybeinv the student OR the students wife! I'm so happy for you guys that you're one step closer. I love these pictures of you two, I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are ridiculously gorgeous people. :)

The Brady Fam said...

Congratulations Trav! The comment how he is GQ and crushed on made me think about the time when we were playing The Newlywed game, and all of us girls said Travis was the most attractive friend and Dane got mad. Haha good times! I wish we could get together and play some games right now. Miss you guys!!

Calee said...

Yay! Congrats to you both! I agree with Angie; it's hard to be the student AND the wife in my book! You'll have to keep us updated where he gets a job; we're on your heels in the Gaylord department you know:)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.