Monday, March 29, 2010

Blah Blah Blahhhh

Can I just say I'm SO excited for General Conference this weekend. I must admit that I'm not one to watch the full thing. Mostly because I'm in my pj's, with a stomach full of food, laying on the couch/bed with Travis, a nap never fails to come along and tug on my eyelids. It'll happen everytime with a combination like that on a Sunday afternoon:) Most of you that know me, I would hope, say I'm 99% of the time a happy girl. I LOVE laughter and I'm only grumpy if I'm hungry, get woken up from a nap(there goes that nap thing again) or if my darling husband pisses me off, they do that sometimes. I just need to vent for a second. I'm in a bit of a rutt...a big one, well medium size if we want to put a dimension on it...this is why I type, I can't wait for GC!!! I need to be spiritually uplifted to get outta here! Everything's swell, I love my husband, I love my life and I love my job...I'm just really discouraged. I went off of 'the pill' after I ran my half marathon in October. Right away we were fully stoked to think we were one step closer to becoming parents:) Well, wronge. My body's going through some crazy train ride and I don't want to be onboard for it. So technically we've been "trying" and nothing, nada, zero, zilch has happended besides ovarian cysts, that hurt like a mother, and endometriosis. I'm going to need some sort of surgery done to remove the fibers growing like weeds in my abdomen and/or go on clomid. I can't remember the order in which this happens because I stopped listening after my Dr told me this information 2 weeks ago, when all along I thought it was just cysts. There you have it! SUPRISE, we were trying! I'm a mess from my face to my girl parts, you name it...one ball of a mess. Travis and I just had our FHE and I bawled the whole time he was bearing his testimony to me, ugh, PULL IT TOGETHER LINDSAY!!!! And who's to say, this might just all be fine in a couple of months w/or w/o the surgery...I just needed to vent. Here's to GC and some successful baby making in the future!! Cheers!!

10 comments:

endlessglowbyjessica said...

Hey there... I usually don't comment on people's blogs who I don't really know, and especially who don't know I check out their blog. But I saw your blog on Kami's and have checked it out a few times. (I went to Meridian too, but I did not really know you.) Anyways, I just wanted you to know, I went off the pill awhile back as well and my body FREAKED out. I had acne like I was a teenager again! My ovarian cysts came back (the whole reason I started the pill) and I was an emotional mess. But it will get better. I don't know your exact issues, but take comfort in the fact that your body needs an adjustment period that may take up to a year. It sucks, but you will make it through! And if you get a baby at the end, it will make even more rewarding! :) You probably know all this already, but I just wanted you to know that Dr.'s don't know everything... everyone's body is different and you are not alone in the "transition" period of getting off the pill. Good luck!

Davis and Laura said...

Hey girl! I'm so sorry about the body craziness...I hope it all goes well and that no surgery is needed! Hang in there, it took me and Davis a good 7 months to get pregnant, and it seemed like once I had a serious meltdown and decided to put in the Lord's hands it all worked out. Remember that its all in the Lord's time, really. I completely understand your heartache though because I've been there so hang in there and I'm be thinking of you this GC session. :) Good luck! PS. Have you done the ovalulation calendar on babycenter.com? Might help.

Kami Satterlee said...

I love you and your girl parts!:) The good news is you will be a mom someday, even if you have to wait a little longer. I learned the hard way too....however....I feel I am a little bit MORE overly excited to be a mommy again then the rest of the world where it came easy. Good things come to those who wait...that means you'll have a girl and she will be hot.hahajk. I'm sorry you're sad, not sure if old men speaking on tv would help me...but all the spiritual power to ya sweetie haha. Maybe you need a good fat burrito in your mouth, I know I do! You know I'm always hear to listen.....bring your vents, your cysts and all!

HaleyandGabe said...

hang in there linds!! You will make it through this cause you are one of the happiest, funnest girls I know and I can't see anything slowing you down. We all miss you lots and I am so happy for you guys "trying" you will love kids! GOOD LUCK!

Livi said...

thanks for sharing! i am excited for GC too and i know you will find something this weekend that speaks right to you. i wish you all the best girl! :)

Calee said...

Oh the joys of womanhood... I have a friend/neighbor who's story is IDENTICAL to yours, with an encouraging result: Month one-surgery to clear everything out, month two- started Clomid, month three- pregnant! Who's to say it couldn't work out that way for you guys?
Someone already mentioned this, but my own experience (do you remember what a stressball I am?!)was when I quit trying and counting and looking at mucus, ect.. was when my body decided to work.
Good luck and have fun trying!

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Oh Linds it will all work out. I am glad you shared your frustration. I had the surgery before I had Karter I didn't have cysts but they did believe I had endometreosis and once the surgery was over...they told me I didn't! So sometimes they are wrong but it will clean everything out and sometimes its easier after to make it happen. Good luck I am praying for you cuz how freaking cute will that baby be!! And don't stress, it will happen and just think this time...you won't freak out by the candy machine. I love you lots and miss you more than words can express!!

Mother of two struggling through life said...

Hey Linds. It took me two years to get pregnant. So don't worry it will happen when you least expect it. Don't "Try" to get pregnant just don't think about it and poof...you'll wake up one morning and you'll have a precious little babe in there.

Lindsay Henderson said...

Thanks a bunch for the good advise and uplifting words girls!!! You're the best!!

L'erin said...

I'm pissed you and crystal didnt doorbell ditch me.