Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bon Appetit!





So, as much as I am a girly girl, I love the outdoors! I have a wonderful friend, Sophie, who's game for anything we decide would be a fun/different activity for us. My dad took us Bass fishing this particular day, by the way, we were baiting our hooks with live Blue Gill fish, poor nemos:( Didn't stop us from catching large mouth Bass though! Well, anyways, at the end of our fishing trip we decided it would be fun to stop at the Boise River and catch some crawdads...and eat them! Ahhh, I know gross right? So, my dad whips out this 10 foot net and Sophie and I hold each end while dad walks towards us kicking up rocks! These creatures with GIANT claw things are snapping at us left and right flying out of their hiding spots under the rocks. We ended up with a bucket full after a few rock kicking sessions, much screaming involved too. We did the whole boil bath thing! Sad, I know but don't worry they went fast! So, for future knowledge, they taste like shrimp!

9 comments:

Calee said...

OH MY GOSH...
You are such a crack up, I bet the two of you together are something else! The one of you guys together is hilarious- I've seen that face on you before and I love it:)

Angie said...

that is awesome! i love you linds, i was laughing. i've heard those actually do taste really good... maybe someday I'll try them. you know Kyle has had them, I should have him call me next time he comes back from one of his many fishing trips with one!

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

I am tagging you...go to my blog to find out what to do!! Have a good day!!

Kim Allen said...

Wow you girls are brave! Looks like you have been having a great summer.

HaleyandGabe said...

You are always having a good time!! I have not seen you in forever!!! Have a great night!

Brooke said...

Hey! That was a fun movie, except you slept through it! See ya soon!

Hillary said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad you found our blog! Maybe we can talk more on here than we do in real life, even though we are next door neighbors! We always seem to be home at opposite times. I just have to say that you and Travis are the most beautiful couple! Totally barbie and ken.

Nate and Paige said...

Hoody HOOOOOOOOOOO!

Amie said...

Who needs Red Lobster when you have your Dad? I have caught lots of crawdad things, but never dared to eat them. If you say they taste like shrimp I will take your word for it. Did they scream when you boiled them? Poor ugly things!I am glad you are having fun as usual!